Wednesday 5 June 2013

Get Inspired

After a brainstorming session my neighbour Jenn and I had this past weekend I cannot stop dreaming about gorgeous decks and porches.

There I sit wine in hand, snuggled in an old quilt, great read on the go, no children in site, not a noise to be heard other than the wind rustling the leaves... Ahhhhh. What a life! Then I hear Finley over the monitor waking from his nap and I am jolted back to my reality. A blah deck housing nothing but an old grill BBQ and lime green kiddie pool. That is no escape! But sadly we can't have it all - not all at once at least. And I have other things higher on the list.

But Jenn doesn't! Her summer project list has 'Deck Upgrade' in the number one spot. So while she is over there dreaming up her soon to be reality, I thought I'd share some outdoor spaces that will get you daydreaming along with me!

Source

This deck right on the beach screams for bare feet and a hardcover classic {one of the 100 in my basement}! The neutral colors and textures create an inviting setting.

Source

A swing can be, and in most cases should be, done on any porch with enough room - beach cottage, lake, city, country, cozy home, or humungo palace. There is something about a porch swing that makes ever-lasting memories no matter where you are. Warm fuzzies included.

Source

The simplicity of this front porch is the key to its beauty. Ahhh....Says it all.

Source

This deck as just a touch more going on wouldn't you say? But the beauty is still there - in spades! The outdoor fire place for those cool nights. The retractable striped curtains for privacy, texture, and pop of colour. Those hanging light fixtures that are to.die.for. Each detail brings the space together to be equally as attractive and inviting as an indoor room but with the perks of the great outdoors.

Source

There are no words. I just couldn't keep this stunner to myself.

Source

The neutral palatte of this house is so calming. But the pops of colour bring it to life without going over board. *Do take time to take the tour at the source link above. It is my new dreaming dream house.

Source

The design of this space is so clever. I love the stone work interlaced with the grass. It adds just enough to this narrow space. And the furniture placement would be ideal for entertaining.

Source

Speaking of clever, here is another one. What an incredible use of limited green space. The planter boxes are a fantastic idea to add texture and colour. And the built in bench along the perimeter would allow for a ton of extra seating. Not to mention the storage possibilities for cushions or children toys.

Source

Though not a glamorous as those above, this deck has privacy on its side. The raised planters serve as backs to the bench seating while keeping unwanted glances out and the rays in.

What do you say, daydream worthy? Or are you one of lucky ones to have the dream as a reality? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Chat soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS