Sunday 7 July 2013

Charlie Salad

Todays recipe is easy as one, two three! Literally.

A family recipe, this 'salad' always makes an appearance at our annual christmas get together. The only time of year we can all set our differences aside and spend time together! The aunts, uncles, cousins, young, and old{er} go to my Moms house and bring along a dish or two. *My mom always hosted because the house was her contribution and the guests could bring the food! Gracious, have I ever learned valuable lessons from that woman!

Now, I know it is not christmas time. There is a heat wave going on outside my door and seeping in through the windows. But I always loved the families Charlie Salad recipe no matter the time of year. Especially in the summer months because it is a tasty treat. *I honestly have no idea why they call it a salad. And it is a great option to bring along to a BBQ or to throw together for last minute guests. I may even try to freeze it and see if it works as a popsicle treat.


Ingredients:
  • 1 Small Tub Cool Whip
  • 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
  • 1 Package Orange Jello 
  • 1 Can Crushed Pineapple
Instructions:
  1. Collect above ingredients.
  2. Combine collected ingredients.
  3. Refrigerate combined collected ingredients.
What did I tell you? Easy as 1, 2, 3!

Give it a try and let me know if you likey. It may sound strange but I assure you its delicious. 

The only other explanation would be that my entire extended family is crazy. But that could be the case actually...

Enjoy! And chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS