Let’s get down to it. The name of the squares is quite self-explanatory and a little bit unfortunate. It doesn’t quite do them justice. I am willing to take suggestions for better names once you have tried these gems. Anyway, back to the mundane name that is Mars Bar Squares.
Clearly, it involves Mars Bars. So, here is what you will need:
- 4 Mars Bars (You can get a four pack, what?!)
- ½ Cup of Margarine (I do find it works a bit better with margarine than butter)
- 3 Cups of Rice Krispies
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-sweet works best)
- ¼ Cup Margarine
- Melt your ½ Cup of Margarine and 4 Mars Bars over medium heat on the stove (preferably in a pot). Be careful here, you don’t want to cook it, so keep it from bubbling. I usually break up the mars bars and stir often to “help them out” a bit.
|*Allison was MIA with the camera during this |
baking session so all photos are via phone. Sorry.
- Once that is melted, turn off the heat and add three cups of Rice Krispies. Stir them in gently until they are thoroughly covered.
- Pour them into an 8” square pan (clearly, I didn’t have one… any shape will do, really) and pat it down so it is even. Set aside.
- Next, over medium heat on the stove, again preferably in a pot, melt your ¼ Cup of Margarine and 1 Cup of Chocolate Chips (I cheat and use the whole bag… is there really such thing as TOO much chocolate? I think not.)
- Once completely melted and combined, pour over Rice Krispie mix in the pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Let it cool, cut into squares and ENJOY.